Thursday 20 October 2011

Random Facts About Me

1. I eat raw pasta as a snack. When we don't have any snack food, I raid the box of pasta in the pantry. Right now, there is a handful of little spiral pasta next to my computer.

2. I play my flute along with my iPod. I have a good ear for tunes, and provided that I know the song well enough, I can usually play it on the flute. Since my flute teacher moved back to France, everytime I practise, it's with my iPod rather than my sheet music, which I have quite neglected.

3. I watch the advertisments on TV between the programs. I'm interested in advertising, and actually applied to study it at university next year. As I result, I watch the ads, and analyse them based on whether I think they are good or bad, effective or ineffective.

4. I'm confused about my sexuality, and have been for almost two years now. I currently consider myself as bisexual, although I still do refer to myself as a lesbian.

5. Sometimes I feel like I don't care enough about gay rights. I'd like gay people to be able to marry each other, but that's about it. If somebody says 'That's so gay', and another person complains, I'm more irritated at the complaining than the actual event. To be fair, I'm still mostly closeted, and have never experienced homophobia.

6. I like the flawed characters more than the good ones. They're more believeable, and as human beings are fundamentally flawed, I can relate to them more easily.

7. I like photography. I take nice photos, but most of them aren't amazing photos.

8. I have a strange mind. I think of things that most people don't. Luckily I have a friend whoes mind works in the same way. The two of us click, and often we'll think of the same thing at the same time - things that wouldn't have occured to anybody else.

9. I find it hard to talk about my emotions. To me, you feel emotions. You don't say them. The word 'happy' or 'sad' doesn't encompass the full range of specific things that I am feeling, and fail to express how I am feeling.

10. I find it difficult to maintain online conversations, or text conversations. I don't text anybody unless I have something to tell them, and I tend to avoid online coversations. I also don't like calling people, so generally texts are the only way that I communicate with people.

11. I love musicals. Last night I went to The Wizard of Oz, and it was amazing. I want a munchkin, and I know the specific munchkin that I want.

12. I can actually sing quite well, but I don't have the courage to sing in front of anybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment