Monday 5 September 2011

The Most Important Test I'll Ever Do... in the foreseeable furture anyway

So, tomorrow I have a test. A big test. A test that scales everything that I've over the last almost-two years. They take all of our grades and percentages and the scores from the AST, do some complicated maths-y stuff (which has been explained to me twice, and I still don't get it) and give me a score which the universities for which I apply will judge me on.

The Principal talked to us in assembly the other day. He told us that 'the AST doesn't affect your marks'. I think it was trying to be soothing. It doesn't help when you then add 'it just scales your results to determine how much they are worth'.

Well, when I say I have a test, I actually mean I have three tests - two tommorow and one the day after.

I'm not stressed though. I though I would be more stressed, considering how important this test is, but no. I think I've accepted that I can't study or prepare for a general knowledge and logic multiple choice or short answer test, and that I can't practise for an essay based on stimulus material that I won't recieve until I'm sitting in the actual test.

So, to use a cliche (which apparently is good for my writing task), tommorow is the first day of the rest of my life. Or the beginning of my future at university, assuming I can decide what degree I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment